Sunday 25 September 2011

A Solo Mission

It's the end of week six already. It really has flown by. In this short period of time, so many changes have taken place that I can barely remember the wobbly shadow of a man I was, back in mid-August.

Going to the gym and eating well have become part of the furniture and each day, I plug away and slowly chip away at the flabby oak tree. My mood is still generally very good and I'm becoming much more productive, with my new-found energy levels.

I've been watching a bit of Biggest Loser on Sky and have a great deal of respect for the men and women on there, desperate to change their lives for the better. Before I started this journey, I was actually tempted to apply as a contestant, but I'm glad I didn't. I think I'll gain a far greater feeling of achievement if I set a goal for myself and go it alone. Losing weight and getting in shape is hugely important to me, but it's more symbolic of a personal journey for me. If I'm able to decide to make a change, follow it through and stick at it til the end, it will mean that for me, anything is possible and it will prove to me that I have the tools and resources to achieve whatever I choose to in life.

I'm still conscious that I don't have a regular income at the moment. My business is at a standstill and although I have projects I'm working on, my lack of 'job' is irritating. Saying that, I'm not sitting on my laurels. I'm actually incredibly busy every day and I know that if I continue to apply myself, my financial situation will inevitably improve. I've contacted local press in the hope that they will publish my blog. It's important to me that my journey will help inspire others to make a change in their lives. I'll keep you updated with this.


Anyway, I digress. On to the facts and figures. It's the week six weigh in and measure. Here are the results:


Start - 12/08/2011                          End of week 6 - 25/09/2011

Weight - 168 kg                             Weight - 152.6 kg                                 
Chest - 53 ins                                         Chest - 50.5 ins                                         
Waist - 57 ins                                 Waist - 53 ins
Upper Arm left - 18 ins                    Upper Arm left - 18.2 ins
Forearm left - 14 ins                        Forearm left - 14.2 ins
Upper Arm right - 17 ins                  Upper Arm right - 17.2 ins
Forearm left - 13.5 ins                     Forearm right - 13.8 ins
Thigh left - 34 ins                           Thigh left - 32.1 ins
Calf left - 21 ins                              Calf left - 21.1 ins
Thigh right - 34 ins                          Thigh right - 31.6 ins
Calf right - 22 ins                            Calf right - 21.7 ins

For a recap of weeks two and four's results, have a look: Week two. Week four.

There are fluctuations with some of the measurements, but the important ones are going in the right direction.

I've found that my strength is improving a great deal and I'm now starting to lift some pretty serious weights at the gym. This is really starting to show and I'm sure my weight will begin to reflect this, if it isn't already.

I will continue on this path and very much look forward to next August. I'll be a new man in more ways than one.

'Change is easy, but making that change a part of your daily life in the long term is the real challenge'.

See you next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment