Sunday 9 October 2011

Reflection

Well well well, it's the end of week eight. Week EIGHT! I've been on this journey of mine for nearly two months already. Actually, on reflection, 12th August 2010 already feels like a lifetime ago. The man I was on that day is not the man I am this day. On that fateful day, eight weeks ago, I gave a bingo-winged wave goodbye to the monster I had created. I'm determined to never see that sweaty mess of a man ever again and every day is a step closer to becoming the pysical manifestation of the man I want to and SHOULD be. In the last eight weeks, my Belly and Brain have gone through some profound changes. I see progress every day and every day brings with it excitement and energy. If I can continue on this path, I can only imagine what I will look and feel like in fourty six weeks. I cannot wait.

Some pretty cool things have happened this week. I tightened the belt on my jeans by yet another notch. In fact, I only have one notch left before I have to either buy a new belt or make a new hole in this one (I had to make a hole in it at the other end when I bought it, as it was too small). 

My dear sibling bought me a T Shirt for Christmas last year. It was size Large. I was utterly chuffed that my sister was blind enough to think it would fit me at that size but, alas, my actual size was XXXL. Yesterday, I wore that T Shirt and it fits perfectly. This is just one of the lovely bonuses of the weight loss. I cannot begin to describe the feeling of satisfaction at being able to wear previously ill-fitting clothes for the first time, that look and feel perfect. I'm looking forward to blowing the cobwebs from a few more of the clothes in the deepest, darkest recesses of my wardrobe, as the weeks progress.

Things are also looking up in other areas of my life. My training with Samaritans is going well and I've just signed up to become a volunteer for Mind, the mental health charity. Also, I'm attending an open day at Bromley College in a few weeks, with a view to training to become a Counsellor. This sums up the progress I've made, that I'm now able to draw upon my experiences to help others deal with teir difficulties. I'm still applying for lots of jobs and have a good feeling about one of them. Watch this space. Lastly, I've had a couple of orders for portraits, so maybe my beloved business is in with a chance after all!

Right, on to the facts and figures of the week eight weigh and measure:

Start - 12/08/2011                          End of week 8 - 09/10/2011

Weight - 168 kg                             Weight - 146.5 kg                                 
Chest - 53 ins                                         Chest - 49 ins                                         
Waist - 57 ins                                 Waist - 51.5 ins
Upper Arm left - 18 ins                    Upper Arm left - 17.2 ins
Forearm left - 14 ins                        Forearm left - 13.8 ins
Upper Arm right - 17 ins                  Upper Arm right - 16.8 ins
Forearm left - 13.5 ins                     Forearm right - 13.6 ins
Thigh left - 34 ins                           Thigh left - 31 ins
Calf left - 21 ins                              Calf left - 20.8 ins
Thigh right - 34 ins                          Thigh right - 31 ins
Calf right - 22 ins                            Calf right - 21.1 ins

As per usual, if you want to be reacquainted with my previous results, have a look back at my previous blogs.

I'm delighted with my results so far. So much so, here's a double photo of me. The image on the right was taken on 12th August and the one on the right was taken this very evening.


I hope you can see the results as much as I can feel them. I'm going to see if I can lose a total of five stone by Christmas. If I can manage to do that, I'll be delighted.

Finally, Tuesday 11th October will mark the four year anniversary of my Father's passing. For those of you who have lost one of both parents, my heart goes out to you. For anyone out there who has as least one of their parents left, please do me a favour and give them a huge hug this week.

'Apparently, beauty is only skin deep. This is not the case. Beauty truly lives in every atom of every cell.'

No comments:

Post a Comment